UPDATE FROM AUTO-OWNERS:
Due to a reduction in travel across the nation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be providing up to a 15% premium refund to our personal automobile policyholders for the months of April and May. Here are details:
- This refund will automatically occur. There is no action needed on your behalf.
- The refund will be processed upon regulatory approval. We expect this will take place during the month of May.
- This refund will apply to autos on your policy that include bodily injury coverage.
- If you are enrolled in our Customer Center, you can locate your refund notice when you log in. Your notice will be available upon state regulatory approval sometime in May.
- Your refund will be applied to any outstanding balance on your billing account. Any remainder will be returned via check or your automatic payment method.
- New customers written during the months of April and May will also be eligible for this refund. Policies need to be in force effective May 31, 2020 for the refund to apply.
- Existing customers must have bodily injury coverage in force on March 31, 2020 in order for the refund to apply.
- ATVs, snow mobiles, golf carts, campers and similar items will not be eligible for the refund.
- For Michigan customers, the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) charge will not be included in your refund calculation. MAIPF/JUA policies are excluded from the refund.
- For North Carolina ceded auto policies, the refund will not apply.
- If you have questions, please contact your Auto-Owners Independent Agency.
Read more form Auto-Owners: https://www.auto-owners.com/special-message1