Owner, Group Benefits and Commercial Lines Executive
Meet Jarrod Ramer
Jarrod’s insurance career began in 2000 when he opened the doors of Ramer Family Insurance as a scratch agency with Farmers Insurance Group. In 2005, he and his wife purchased Black Insurance Agency, which after 19 years of leadership under Tony Black had become a leading agency in the local insurance industry. They maintain offices in both Kendallville, IN and Albion, IN.
Jarrod is honored to carry the distinction of Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), which proves his dedication to continuing his study of the insurance industry. Licensed in property and casualty insurance, Jarrod also maintains the distinction of Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR).
He married Heidi in 2001 and they reside in Kendallville, IN and have two children, Jordan and Caleb. He is a proud graduate of the University of Kansas with a degree in secondary education. He enjoys Kansas Jayhawks basketball, Indianapolis Colts football, traveling, biking, running, summers on Sylvan Lake, and spending time with friends and family.
As an active member of his community, and as a business owner, he has served in many different capacities with local non-profits and other organizations:
- Pine Hills Kendallville Church, Member
- Parkview Noble Hospital Board of Directors, Board Member
- Kendallville Local Development Corporation, Board Member
- Kendallville Triathlon committee, Board Member
- Noble County Community Corrections, Board Member
- Albion Rotary Club, Past President and Current Member
- Cole Center Family YMCA, Past Board Chair and Current Finance Committee Member
- Noble County Community Foundation, Past Board Chair and Member
- Rangers Soccer Academy, Board Member
- Kendallville Patriotic Pops Committee, Board Member
- KPC Media Group’s “40 Under 40” Award Class of 2012, Recipient
Request an Insurance Quote
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Go over your options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.